The Kerala legislative assembly passed Kerala Clinical Establishments (Registration & Regulation) Bill 2017 on 1 February 2018. Now the government is going to start online registration for clinical establishment from 1 January 2019. Online registration under the clinical establishments act, will help the public to know and to compare the costs of each treatment across the health institutions.
KK Shailaja, minister of health and social justice said that from 1 January 2019 the health establishment in Kerala will have an online registration portal, where patients can know the cost of medical treatments and compare the medical facilities provided by each hospital, among others.
Kerala establishment online registration system will help to establish a fair medical practice in the state. This system will improve the public health sector in the state.. The people can know the details what facility a hospital can provide and know its cost. To address the complaints from the public regarding clinical establishment act Kerala a special cell will also be set up.
Details of Clinical Establishment Act Kerala
Below are the complete details and highlights of the Kerala Clinical Establishment Act Kerala:-
- While registering, a health institution you must have to upload such as the type of medical treatment, its cost, qualification of the doctor, number of the staff and paramedics at the institution.
- The act also mandates the hospital to display the cost of the medical treatment at its own facility.
- The clinical establishments across all recognized systems of medicine will be covered under the new act.
- Under the clinical establishment act, modern medicine, including dentistry, Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Homoeopathy, Siddha and Unani in the public and private sectors are different branches.
- All the Clinical Establishments in Kerala shall be registered with the Authority under the provisions of this Act and its rules.
- No person shall carry on a clinical establishment unless it has been registered in accordance with the provisions of the Act and rules.
- The Act allows for provisional registration and the registration authority shall within forty five days of receipt of application, grant to the applicant a certificate of provisional registration. If the registration is not declined or granted within this period , it shall be deemed to be granted .
- Provisional certificate shall not be granted or renewed beyond a period of two years from the date of notification of standards for establishments.
A clinical establishment includes a hospital, maternity home, nursing home, clinic, sanatorium or an institution that offers services, facilities with or without beds requiring treatment, diagnosis, or care for illness, injury, deformity, abnormality, dental care, infertility or pregnancy, administered or maintained by any person or body of persons. In the first stage, this system will be implemented in three district – Palakkad, Thrissur and Malappuram. It will be set up in other districts eventually.