Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All by 2022 scheme online form, application form, guidelines, terms and conditions, start date and last date of registration and other information such as subsidy scheme, beneficiaries list, common service centres (CSC Centres), facilities in awas yojana, benefits to EWS, LIG and MIG, application procedure, home loan availability, and all latest updates about PM Awas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) renamed from Housing for all by 2022 scheme has been launched by the government. The PM Awas Yojana aims to provide affordable homes to about 20 million families within next 7 years i.e. from 2015 to 2022. EWS and LIG categories of the urban society will be the main beneficiaries of the scheme.
Below are the quick links to access the detailed information about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2017 housing scheme such as online forms, application forms, subsidy scheme information, home loan facility, houses facilities, housing projects, forms and procedure and much more.
Quick Links: Introduction | Beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana | Subsidy, Loan and EMI information | Application forms and procedure | PMAY Application Form PDF File | PMAY-Urban | Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Latest News
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Housing for all by 2022 Scheme – Introduction
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna is an ambitious housing scheme under which the government will create affordable housing units for urban poor. However, entire urban area consisting of 4041 statutory towns will be covered under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana but initial focus will be on developing housing units in 500 selected cities in the phased manner as below.
- Phase 1: Under the phase one of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, housing units will be created in the selected 100 cities in the period from April 2015 to March 2017
- Phase 2: The next phase of PM Awas Yojana will cover about 200 cities or more and will take place from April 2017 to March 2019.
- Phase 3: The final phase of Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana Scheme, housing units will be developed in the remaining cities between April 2019 to March 2022.
The phase wise selection of cities will be done based upon the current population, current capacity, housing units requirement, urbanization rate and other factors which will be assessed thoroughly by the designate state governments and assessing bodies.
Beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana
The main beneficiaries of housing for all scheme will be:
- Women including widows.
- Transgender families.
- People belonging to Scheduled Casts (SC).
- People belonging to Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- Urban homeless families belonging to the economically weaker section (EWS) and lower income group (LIG) categories of the society.
Under Modi Awas Yojana, the allotment of homes will be done on the name of the female head of the household or in the joint name of women and his husband.
Subsidy/Home Loan and EMI under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Government will provide interest Subsidy of 6.5 percent on housing loan availed for 15 years.
- A central assistance will be provided to the beneficiaries from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2.30 lakh under the different components.
- A central assistance of Rs 1.50 lakh would be provided to each eligible urban poor beneficiary to enable him build his own house or undertake improvements to existing houses.
- Under the fourth category of subsidy, 35 percent of dwelling units of the affordable projects under the scheme will be earmarked for EWS category.
Below are the four components of the subsidy/loan under the scheme
- Component 1: Central Grant of Rs. 1 Lakh on an average would be provided to every eligible beneficiary.
- Component 2: Interest at the rate of 6.50% will be provided to EWS & LIG via credit linked subsidy scheme for a home loan for 15 Years.
- Component 3: Central Assistance of 1.50 lakh will be provided to each beneficiary for promoting housing stock for urban poor, provided 35 percent of dwelling units of the projects proposed are earmarked for EWS category.
- Component 4: Central Assistance of Rs. 1.50 lakhs will be provided to eligible urban poor, who want to build new house or undertake improvements of existing houses.
Under the PM Awas Yojana, differently-abled and older persons of the society will be given preference in the allotment of ground floors under the PM Awas Yojana Scheme. The housing units constructed under the scheme will also witness the use of more eco friendly, innovative and sustainable housing construction technologies.
Application forms and procedure of PMAY Housing Scheme
Since, this is just the beginning, several housing schemes will be launched under the PM Awas Yojana by the state governments and application forms will be available at that time only. However, this page is dedicated to provide information about the application procedure and application forms for PM Awas Yojana. All the details about the application forms and procedure will be updated on Master Plans India as soon as they are available.
Do share your comments about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in the comments or Discuss in detail on PM Awas Yojana Discussion FORUMS.