Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana 2020 has been launched by the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL). Kifayati LED Bilb Scheme aim to provide viable power solutions to the people hailing Below Poverty Line (BPL), Scheduled Caste (SC) and Backward Classes (SC) background.
In the Kifayati LED Bulb Scheme 2020, the each existing eligible consumer from BPL, SC and BC categories, availing electricity subsidy having sanctioned load up to 1KW, would be provided with the 2 LED bulbs at just Rs.30.
Pointing out the benefits entailed under the scheme, the CMD said that these LED Bulbs would save the electricity upto 80 to 90% and are long lasting (20,000 hours) with no charge of fire besides being environment friendly.
PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Scheme 2020
The Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) has launched Kifayati LED Bulb Scheme, a novel initiative worth Rs.8.63 crore aimed at providing viable power solutions to the people hailing from BPL, SC & BC categories.
Eligibility Criteria for Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana 2020
The eligibility criteria for PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana 2020 are given below:
- Candidate must be an electricity consumer from Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL).
- Candidate must be belong to Below Poverty Line (BPL), Scheduled Caste (SC) or Backward Class (BC) category.
- Candidate must be availing electricity subsidy from Punjab Sate Power Corporation Limited.
- Candidate must have sanctioned load up to 1 K.W.
How to apply for Kifayati LED Bulb Yojana 2020
The consumers can avail benefits of kifayati LED Bulb Yojana by contacting the concerned PSPCL office. To apply for the scheme, applicants will have to deposit copy of their current bill, identity proof and a self undertaking. After submitting the documents, applicants will have to deposit a nominal amount of Rs.30. On Successful payment, 2 LED bulbs would be given to the consumers of BC, SC and BPL categories which they can use for their domestic purposes.
It may be noted that BPL, SC and BC categories of Consumers of PSPLC upto 1 KW of connected load get electricity concession of Rs.200 units per month. Subsidy on account for the FY 2019-2020 as approved by PSERC is Rs. 1598.47 crore.
PSPCL Kifayati LED Bulb Scheme Benefits
All the eligible applicants can get the following benefits under PSPCL Kifayati LED Buld Scheme 2020 :-
- The LED bulb to be given in this low price LED Bulb Scheme consumes 80% to 90 % lesser electricity.
- LED Blub given under PSPCL Kifayati LED Blub Yojana are long lasting with upto 20,000 hours of running time.
- These LED blubs to be given by PSPCL are environment friendly.
- No Use of Mercury like CFL Bulbs.