Jalyukta Shivar Yojana Matathi | Jalyukta Shivar Scheme | Jalyukta Shivar Yojana PDF | Importance of Jalyukt Shivar Yojna
Maharashtra government has launched the project “Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyaan” in a bid to make Maharashtra a drought-free state by 2019. The project involves deepening and widening of streams, construction of cement and earthen stop dams, work on nullahs and digging of farm ponds. The mobile app, developed by MRSAC, is being used to map these locations. The mapped location can be monitored through this web page. The user will be able to download the application, view instruction manual and view mapping locations along with photographs. District-wise, taluka-wise, work-wise statistics is also available both in tabular and graphics form. The project aims to make 5000 villages free of water scarcity every year.
Jalyukta Shivar Yojana
The Hon’ble CM of the state Shree Devendra Fadnavis has launched Jalyukta Shivar Yojana . The state govt. has also started an online portal dedicated to this scheme – http://mrsac.maharashtra.gov.in/jalyukt/. This portal is designed as well as developed / maintained by MRSAC which works under the Dept. of Water Conservation, Govt. of Maharashtra. The MRSAC has also developed one mobile application where one will get several scheme details. The Maharashtra government aims to finish this water management project by 2019 end, and solve the problem of drought in the state permanently.
As per the Jalyukta Shivar Yojana, each year, the state govt. will target 5,000 villages and implement this project so that water related problems could be solved. This leads to the fact that near around 25 thousand villages will be widely covered under this scheme. Within its first six months of launch, the Maharashtra govt. successfully implemented the project in more than 6 thousand villages. The target area set by the government to implement the project is 25 lakh hectares. With proactive participation from the general masses, nearly 15 lakh hectares have already been brought under this scheme, including the worst affected areas.
- Launched in the year 2015, this is a five year project which aims to make Maharashtra a state free of draughts and adequate availability water for irrigation purpose. By 2019 end, the entire state will be having proper water conservation mechanism and smart irrigation technologies which will help in efficiently using the limited water resource and become self-sufficient.
- Water scarcity has resulted in several cultivation fails over the years in Maharashtra. In this state, the farmers largely depend on the monsoon water for their cultivation. A Farmer suicide has affected the state in a big way especially in regions like Marathwada, Vidarbha, etc. Hence, this scheme is going to put a full stop to the continuing farmers’ suicide.
- MRSAC developed one online portal – http://mrsac.maharashtra.gov.in/jalyukt/ as well as a mobile application for smart implementation of project and detailed analysis of the completed work. It works on the idea of using maps to keep tab of the project implementation and storing the records in database, which may be accessed by users. User may get district wise or even taluka wise reports of the project implementation very easily through this web portal.
- Previously, there were some existing scheme on water conservation, its management and irrigation which were implemented in Maharashtra. The govt. with the help of active participation from some non-governmental organizations has bonded those projects into this scheme to eradicate the root causes of draught in the state.
- A team of Jalyukt Shivar is also been formed for spreading awareness among the masses and make it successful. It is also trying to involve Bollywood celebrities to do the project campaigning and boost the project. One such celebrity with whom the state govt. has already making some initial talks is Mr. Aamir Khan.
- As this is a very huge project which also requires active participation from public, thus it has resulted in generation of thousands of new employment opportunities in the state. Youths are being employed in several project works.
Jalyukta Shivar Yojana Details
Download Jalyukta Shivar Yojana PDF file form below link